Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Merry Christmas - A selection of Christmas treats

As I spent Christmas with my family in Australia this year I didn't have much chance to do a lot of Christmas baking. However, I managed to get a few things in.

The first were some Christmas cupcakes. I used he hummingbird recipe that I have mentioned in previous blogs, both vanilla and chocolate. Simple buttercream on top (although if I'd not known beforehand I certainly proved the point that making buttercream in 39 degree temperatures isn't a great idea).

I ordered some cupcake toppers from Baking Pleasures and that was that.


The second item I made was a Christmas cake. My mum had made the cake already, I just competed the decoration. Normally you would cover the cake in Marzipan and then rolled fondant but on this occasion I just used the fondant. A few simple decorations using mould, cutters and some paste food colouring and the job was done in an hour or so.



Merry Christmas!!!


Comments:

Post a Comment

Free Blog Template by June Lily